Monday, April 03, 2006

 

Floridians United for a Better Tommorrow

Hello,
My name is Todd Maki. There is a dream I have for Florida: Floridians united for a better tommorrow. It has been some time since I first moved to Florida. When I arrived, I noticed a unique aspect of this state that I hold dear to this day. That uniquness is in the diversity and unity of its citizenship; our citizenship. The greatness of our state is that although many of us come from different places with numerous ideas, we have a certain somthing that allows us to thrive as a people. We have an intese capacity of acceptance and with that comes a great virtue. To remain virtuous, we need legislators who embody and embolden the diversity of our great state.
I have a vision for a united legislature that works for the will of the people. There are issues that lawmakers deal with everyday that can give and take away from the ordinary person. Whether it be personal freedoms, security, or property; it is a common desire for all Floridians to have the equal representation necessary to preserve these rights we love. At times, I take them for granted but I understand that without the proper representation in our democracy they can vanish. It is important to me as a citizen that we do not see a disappearance of good representation. Even with the well intentioned, good lawmakers who are in office today they will not be there forever (due to term-limits). It takes informed citizens to elect new leaders who hold dear the common needs of the people.
I aspire to be your leader and continue to advance Florida into the forefront of Technology, Education, Environmental Preservation and Cleanliness, Clean Energy, and better jobs. Currently, there is a growing number of people who believe in these ideals. These are ideals that will bring greatness to our state. I desire to serve Florida and you so we may be happier with our quality of life for generations to come.
With your help and insight I will be better informed to serve you well.

Please feel free to notify me of any concerns you have or ideas that can make our lives better and the lives of those to come. Only with the general will of the people and the common good being well represented, can we achieve greatness together.
I greatly appreciate your contribution for a better tommorrow.

Sincerely,
Todd F. Maki

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?